Application closing date: 23/08/2018
Start date: approximately 08/09/2018
Duration: approximately 08/09/2018 – 30/11/2018
Salary: up to 4,000€
CiFAR is seeking a consultant to develop a visually appealing, interactive website, according to CiFAR’s guidelines. The website will be placed as a subdomain of CiFAR’s website and will display information on European Union misappropriation sanctions to raise awareness among policy makers, civil society and trade professionals. Misappropriation sanctions are key to fighting corruption because they show that there are consequences to corruption and that corrupt officials cannot escape by hiding money abroad.
Founded in 2015 and registered in Berlin, Germany, the Civil Forum for Asset Recovery (CiFAR) is a non-profit, which works across the globe for transparency and accountability in the investigation, confiscation and return of public money stolen through corruption. Since its founding it has worked in a range of areas to support more citizen and civil society involvement and public debate in illicit financial flows and asset recovery. This has included running projects to support early-career journalists to investigate cross-border corruption, providing trainings to civil society and young people on asset recovery, running public awareness campaigns and events, engaging with governments to discuss ongoing cases, presenting the work of civil society at international forums and supporting collaboration between civil society across borders.
This project is run in cooperation with Transparency International EU and supported by the National Endowment for Democracy.
- Design and develop a visually appealing, user-friendly, high-quality website in collaboration with CiFAR
- Ensure that the website can subsequently be easily edited by CiFAR
- Work together with CiFAR to come up with creative solutions that will communicate technical information on misappropriation sanctions in a user-friendly way
- Ensure the integration of the website with social media tools
The website will contain the following information provided by CiFAR:
- Explanation of the purpose and background of EU misappropriation sanctions
- Resource section with relevant accompanying legal documentation
- List of individuals from countries on whom the sanctions were imposed, together with their pictures, aliases, place and date of birth, connections and any other relevant information.
- Efficient search function that allows looking up listed individuals
Deliverables and timeline
- Detailed creative proposal submitted to CiFAR within two weeks of contract start.
- First version of the website submitted and presented (online) to CiFAR within five weeks of contract start.
- Editing and improving of the website through close cooperation with CiFAR
- Final version of the website submitted and presented (online) to CiFAR by the end of December 2018.
The consultant should provide a detailed breakdown, before any VAT or other charges, of all their estimated costs, including but not limited to: total fee as a lump sum or standard daily or hourly rates, (if applicable) international travel, local transport, accommodation, work materials. Offers in the range of €4,000 will be considered (inclusive of VAT).
CiFAR is registered in Germany with the tax number: 27 / 662 / 57629. In order to determine the Value Added Tax (VAT) implications of this tender, we kindly request that the consultants fill out the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form (instructions inside the form) and submit the completed and signed form along with their email application.
The link to the VAT Form for Tenders/Vendor Form is available below.
The applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Substantial experience of designing and developing interactive websites
- Strong coordination and team working skills
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
- Previous experience working with NGOs and in the field of development, human rights or related fields is a plus
The application should include the following documents:
- Portfolio of relevant previous work
- Short creative proposal with quotes and a brief overview of how the work will be approached
- Completed VAT form
To apply, please send your application to info(at)cifar.eu with the subject line “Website development” by midnight Wednesday CEST, 23rd of August 2018.