CiFAR works at the forefront of civil society activism against stolen assets. Our work is often complex and demanding, but we strive to also make our organisation somewhere people enjoy working and are able to balance this with the rest of their lives. We’re based in Berlin, a lively and relaxed city, which is also the home to several other organisations working on good governance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and actively encourage applications from women and persons part of disadvantaged groups.
We advertise all our positions here and do not accept unsolicited applications.
Internship / Pflichtpraktikum
CiFAR e.V. is looking for a full time intern starting ideally In September or October 2021 for 3 – 6 months. The internship must be a compulsory part of studies in Germany (“Pflichtpraktikum”) and must be contained either within the regulations of study (Studienordnung) or attested to by the relevant secretariat.
Working under the supervision of one of our directors, you will develop your skills in civil society and anti-corruption work, with a specific focus on our area of expertise. During the internship, you will work on:
- Support for ongoing project work with civil society and investigative journalists, including supporting events and communicating with partners
- Development of background research into cases and/or country cases of asset recovery
- Support in communication, including drafting press releases and assisting in product launches
- Development of your own project idea, e.g., a training module, a research paper, an information leaflet
- Support to the development of funding proposals
- Experience in the work of a globally focussed anti-corruption organisation
- A welcoming and friendly team
- A workspace in Berlin-Kreuzberg (if conditions allow)
- A monthly stipend of €300
- Matriculated in a German university and with a compulsory internship requirement
- Interest in communication and engagement with civil society
- Interest in grand corruption and asset recovery
- Fluency in English, other languages an asset
We encourage applications from women and persons part of disadvantaged groups.
Application closing date: 30 June 2021 23:00 CET
We do not have any openings at the moment, check back later!
In general we look for volunteers who are interested in:
- Researching ongoing asset recovery processes
- Blogging on asset recovery
We occasionally look for volunteer support also for support with specific tasks.
If you would like to volunteer with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you would be interested in volunteering with us and the time commitment you could give.